Some of the duties of the City Clerk include:
- Keeper of the records—responsible for the safe preservation and accessibility of all ordinances, resolutions, bonds, contracts, books and papers belonging to the City.
- Seals and attests all contracts, ordinances, and resolutions.
- Attends all Council and Zoning Board Meetings and keeps records of such.
- Keeps all ordinances, resolutions and minutes indexed and in safe keeping and maintains updated codification of the City ordinances.
- Oversees Local Records Management through the Illinois State Archives.
- Serves as Liaison between State and local Historic Preservation Commission.
- Serves as Archivist for the City.
- Serves as FOIA Official.
- Serves as the local election official.
- Processes various City Licenses & Permits.
- License and Raffle Permit Applications
- Do Not Knock Registry
- Registry of Do Not Knock Addresses
- FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) Request
- City Code of Ordinances
- Street Closure Request
City Election Results
April 4, 2023 Election Results- Term Ends 2027
Council - Jeff Lahr
Council - Tim Newell
April 6, 2021 Election Results- Term Ends 2025
Mayor- Brandon Combs
Council- Dennis Malak